Thursday, June 2, 2011

Team Bonding

Define the Problem- To create an authentic team bond to bring us through the season strong
Brainstorm:
• All ways be on time
• Make younger players or freshman feel wanted on the team rather than neglected
• Set up team bonding days where we all go out and play a sport or just do anything as a team
• Show younger players or players looking for leadership that it takes hard work to win
• Encourage and help younger players when they do not know what to do
• Do not let anybody slack
• Let everyone know that no one is greater than another on the field or in general
• Let everyone know by example that it’s hard to earn your spot
• Get together conditioning days where the teams will work out together outside of the coaching staff
• Don’t allow people to rag on other players

Most promising ideas:
• I think that always being on time will help create a strong team because if you’re on time it shows that you are ready and prepared to do work, when you are late it shows that whatever you were doing before is more important
• Making younger players feel more comfortable and more a part of the team will help create a solid trust all the way through because you’re as strong as your weakest link and If everyone is on the same page and has each other back than you have yourself a team.
• Set up players practices I feel would help create a strong bond because we would do work that was scheduled only by us and would require only our own wills and players to push us, instead of the coaching watching over you being your motivation.
Action plan: My action plan towards creating the strongest bonded team requires a day in and day out commitment. Constantly being at full go and keeping myself healthy if my first part of the plan, doing this will allow me to continue to help build my team and lead by example. Secondly I will find other leaders and encourage them to rise up and be leaders and help the team, by having multiple leader figures it will most definitely raise the teams confidence and overall attitude. Last it will take other leaders on the team and me pushing the other players and consistently trying to get ready for season and for everyday practice.

+- Previous season I feel I did well by being the best leader that I could be and I was 1st team all-league defensive player and was 2nd defensive player of the year as a junior Change-
Some things that I would and will change would have to be my grades and work habits, if I changed those things I will get a scholarship for football.
?- Why can’t you do a inter district transfer as a senior to another school and play football?
Whats the lowest GPA you can have to play in D1 or D2 football? Ideas-Some ideas towards change would probably be to create a solid schedule that I stick to that will set me up for success, and to try and remain grounded for the part over the school week

No comments:

Post a Comment